Mindfulness Online Course
Mindfulness Online Course
Starting October 2018
Join our online 8-week Mindfulness Based Living Course (MBLC)
This is your chance to learn Mindfulness from the comfort of your own home or office. This course is led by an experienced and accredited Mindfulness teacher who adheres to the UK guidelines for Mindfulness teachers. The MBLC is recognised as an 8-week course in the UK good practice guidelines and was developed by the Mindfulness Association.
There is no denying how busy life is for most of us. Constantly fighting against the clock, racing through our day on autopilot. Mental health is one of the most challenging risks we face today, with an increasing number of people, young and old, experiencing stress-related illness.
Mindfulness is well documented as a healthy way to build our inner resilience, it gives us the tools to self-regulate and over time helps us to live better.
Mindfulness is scientifically proven to rewire the brain, if practiced regularly and over time, it changes how our brain works. This means we can replace our old, harmful habits with more meaningful ways of being.
- 1-hour live session a week
- 9 online sessions in total (including an introduction session)
- 10 hours self-study recommended
- Recorded guided meditations
- Free app to support the course
- Access to an accredited Mindfulness teacher via email and private Facebook group
- Digital comprehensive course manual
- Course completion certificate
- Part of the teacher training pathway for Mindfulness teacher
- Discounts for further courses and face to face events run by the Mindfulness Approach
LIVE WEEKLY SESSIONS
Each week you will join an online group session, led by Anna. We will start with a silent sit, then a short teaching, followed by a guided practice. We will also have time to cover anything that might have come up through the practices and teaching points.
You also have additional support through the private Facebook group where you can connect with other course members.
- Introduction Session: What is Mindfulness and Why Practice it?
- Week One: Start Where We are
- Week Two: The Body as a Place to Stay Present
- Week Three: Introducing Mindfulness Support
- Week Four: Working with Distraction
- Week Five: Exploring the Undercurrent
- Week Six: Attitude of the Observer
- Week Seven: Self-acceptance
- Week Eight: A Mindfulness Based Life
Included in the course is a comprehensive manual and weekly home practices. You will also receive a recommended reading list if you want to read around the subject to fully engage in the learning. Like everything in life, you will get what you put in, so the more you dedicate to taking this course seriously the more you will gain.
WHY CHOOSE OUR COURSE?
There are many courses to choose from, however not many will offer you what we do:
- You will be taught by an experienced, fully qualified Mindfulness teacher. Read about Anna here
- You will be awarded a certificate from the Mindfulness Association.
- If you are interested in teaching Mindfulness, this course is a prerequisite for the teacher training pathway
- You will have access to live teaching, a private Facebook group and live face to face events going forward