MBLC - Eight Week Mindfulness Based Living Course
About the MBLC
The Mindfulness Based Living Course is a weekly mindfulness course developed by the Mindfulness Association. The MBLC is delivered over eight weeks, in two hour sessions.
Before the course begins you will be invited to attend a free introductory session. The course covers the following themes:
- Introduction Session:What is Mindfulness and Why Practice it?
- Week One: Start Where We are
- Week Two: The Body as a Place to Stay Present
- Week Three: Introducing Mindfulness Support
- Week Four: Working with Distraction
- Week Five: Exploring the Undercurrent
- Week Six: Attitude of the Observer
- Week Seven: Self-acceptance
- Week Eight: A Mindfulness Based Life
Why the MBLC?
The two commonly known Mindfulness approaches are Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) and Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT). Both programs were developed from a clinical perspective and are aimed as an alternative or additional support for hospital patients. They are mostly provided to mental health patients and chronic pain suffers.
The MBLC comes from a slightly different perspective, in that it is aimed at anyone who wants to change how they experience life. For many of us, life can throw us some real challenges, sometimes these can totally floor us. There is no control over external curcumstances, we have to find a way to better cope with these ups and downs of life. And Mindfulness can help us build our inner capacity to find a middle way.
I guess we could say that the MBLC is a preventative program, it can help you better deal with life and it's difficulties. And if I had to describe the MBLC in a word, I would say it's about changing ones Attitude to life.
What makes the MBLC unique is it's focuses on self-kindness, self-compassion and kindness to others.
Through the course you will be guided through practices that will teach you how to change your relationship to you and how to take that into your life. In my experience, this is the most life transforming part about the MBLC.
What our courses include:
- 25 hours teaching time
- The MBLC manual (copyright of the Mindfulness Association)
- Access to online guided meditations
- Personal guided meditations at each session
- A tutor who is accredited by the Mindfulness Association and adheres to the teaching standards for Mindfulness teachers in the UK
- A tutor with experience of teaching in various environments, including cancer support, bereavement, depression and bipolar sufferers.
The MBLC is for life - not just for 8 weeks.